Game of Thrones LCG Unofficial UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Informal tournament this Sunday in London

4 posters

Go down

Informal tournament this Sunday in London Empty Informal tournament this Sunday in London

Post by markdrive Wed 8 Apr - 14:03

Ciao a tutti - as you all know we meet every 2nd Sunday at darksphere for our AGOT practice. Given the fact that the Amsterdam tournament is only 3 weeks away - I would propose to do a mini-league to spicy it up (every participant will play vs each other - whoever wins the most wins the league).

So far we have
me
vince
wamma
stefano
tagore (maybe)
becky (maybe)
mr dav (maybe)

anyone else up for it: I'm talking to you - Ryan and Ian!
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Informal tournament this Sunday in London Empty Re: Informal tournament this Sunday in London

Post by Vince Wed 8 Apr - 17:31

Even if we are not numerous, it will only be the bests Cool
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Informal tournament this Sunday in London Empty Re: Informal tournament this Sunday in London

Post by Ryan4815 Sat 11 Apr - 10:35

I will be there! What time will it start?
Ryan4815
Ryan4815

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Sat 11 Apr - 11:17

I don't think we have a set time, but my guess is about 12:30
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by JCWamma Mon 13 Apr - 0:09

This ended up getting 10 people. Going from memory, so apologies if anything is wrong:

4 rounds of Swiss
1) Marco (GJ HoD Thunderer) 4-0
2) James (Targ N/A (Griff)) 3-1
3) Bambi (Lanni DWDW) 3-1
4) Tagore (GJ A&A) 2-2
--------------------------------------
5) Stefano (Martell HoD Doran's Solar) 2-2
6) Vince (Targ Monstrosity) 2-2
7) Mike C (Stark Maesters) 2-2
Cool Rheece (Martell HoD Doran's Solar) 1-3
9) Ryan (Bara Noble Cause) 1-3
10) Mike H* (Lanni City of Shadows) 0-4

*Mike missed the first two rounds due to being late, so started from 0-2.

In the cut, 4 beat 1 and 3 beat 2, then 4 beat 3 in the final.

Congratulations to Tagore on his victory (also boo Tagore), and thanks to so many people for coming! At the risk of puffing us all up I thought the standard was high, which was great to see.

On a personal note, I enjoyed my Griff deck a great deal. This may be resurrected for a future regional, watch this space...
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Mon 13 Apr - 13:42

Thanks everybody for coming Smile. Bambi, Rheece, Ryan it was a real pleasure to see you there Smile. Tagore, James, Marco, Stefano, Mike and Michael, it was cool meeting you as always Smile.

I had some very nice games, and was very happy to play yesterday. It's the kind of afternoon that makes me want to play more Smile (and have my cards with me, but soon V2 will take over Very Happy).

We definitely need to do that on a regular basis. I mean, even if there's only 6 of us on a Sunday, it's really cool to play some games with a bit of intensity Smile. We don't need a league kit for that. Organising it just for the sake of it could be great Smile.
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Tue 14 Apr - 12:05

I really enjoy the matches - honestly the level was very good and I feel fired up for Amsterdam (please Vince come!!!).
I'm also positive surprised on how well GJ are doing since I can't remember the last good card they had...
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down