Game of Thrones LCG Unofficial UK Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upcoming FAQ

+2
OldShrimpEyes
JCWamma
6 posters

Go down

Upcoming FAQ Empty Upcoming FAQ

Post by JCWamma Wed 24 Jun - 22:24

Curious what people would like to see from a new FAQ, and what they expect to see.

Personally I really like the game in its current state, and want the bare minimum done. I don't hate boats the way Americans seem to, but giving all the whining I'm guessing we'll see something - errata of LMB to once per round? Restricting Gran? Who knows?

The only major change I'd really like to see is Summoned by the Conclave to be restricted. I'm not a fan of No Agenda (yes, I know what I took to Manchester but that's because I wanted to win :p), and this is the card that enables all those decks. If Martell can't fetch the Viper on tap, or Stark can't fetch Meera, or Targ can't fetch Dany, that's a big deal and encourages at least some new approach (even if they do just change to HoD Ghaston, HoD Harrenhal and...I don't know, HoD Meraxes? respectively, at least that will push something new!).

What thoughts do others have?
JCWamma
JCWamma

Back to top Go down

Upcoming FAQ Empty Re: Upcoming FAQ

Post by OldShrimpEyes Thu 25 Jun - 8:23

I agree in the most part. I think the game is in the best state it's been in for as long as I can remember. If anything I think we can consider a few things coming off the list.
OldShrimpEyes
OldShrimpEyes

http://Www.lolcraven.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wedge Thu 25 Jun - 10:15

I wouldn't want anything too good to come off the list. Maybe bran and crossing as there seems to be little reason to leave them restricted at the moment. I would like 222 unerrated, but that's just so I can rebuild stark hollow hill Razz

Mostly I'd just like a few ubiquitous/op cards added to mix things up. The meta is well balanced, but fairly samey - would be nice to encourage some new builds. I think too many of the best decks are too well solved right now - Wamma's stark deck is very similar to one I have, and all martell NAs are pretty much identical.
wedge
wedge

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Thu 25 Jun - 18:03

Honestly I don't really know what I would change on a FAQ at the moment.

I would seriously consider restricting Harrenhal. Because it simply deserves it. It's in every decks that can make it to a top 8 of a tournament and clearly something that has tweaked the game since its release (to me at least). I'm not sure I would take something out of the restricted honestly (apart from all the GJ cards obviously Cool ).

Only that would give a serious kick to the meta. Mayeb restric Westeros Bleeds anew, just so that hard control does not come back too strong at once. That being said I wouldn't know what else to change because restricting Harrenahl would change the meta so much that it's hard to foresee what should go as well... Would Quentyn deserve a place on the RL? Just to force Martell to change their classic NA build? Not sure...
Vince
Vince
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mouchliazo Fri 26 Jun - 8:27

There are a few things that can definitely come off the list. Game of Cyvass is not nearly as good as it was since it was ruled you can choose a knelt guy. Crossing is another one. I really wouldn't mind restricting Summoned by the Conclave to shake things up but I find it unlikely that Harrenhal will be restricted. Yes, it is everywhere but people have adjusted to it in general, or at least got used to it. I wouldn't mind seeing the Refugees being restricted again. It would make two-claimers better, Aloof decks trickier (more likely that your big dudes will die for claim) and Harrenhal more expensive to use.

mouchliazo

Back to top Go down

Post by markdrive Sun 28 Jun - 19:06

I would probably restrict summoned by the conclave...this will hit the three "boring" decks that are dominating the meta: targ/martell/stark NA
markdrive
markdrive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum